Skip Navigation and Advance to Content
Donate by Mail
Give an Hour
PO Box 5918
Bethesda, MD 20824
Giving Thanks to Those Who Serve
- Join the Give an Hour Network - If you are a licensed mental health professional, join our network to provide free mental health services to members of the military, veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan, their loved ones, and their communities. If you’re already a provider, please accept our sincerest appreciation. Please also tell us in 3–5 sentences, why you do this? E-mail email@example.com or post to GAH’s facebook page.
- Volunteer with a Veteran Service Organization - Volunteer with a VSO or nonprofit in your community that supports veterans by assisting with upcoming events, offering pro bono assistance, or participating in other projects.
- Learn a Fact about Military Culture and Share It - Read a book, see a film, follow VSOs and nonprofits on social media and encourage your friends to follow them too.
- Help a Veteran of Military Family in Need - Organize a talk in your community about veterans/service members coming home--what their needs are and how the community can provide support. Reach out to a military family in your neighborhood.
- Spread the word about Give an Hour - Become a Give an Hour Social Media Ambassador. Give an Hour of your time once a week to share our Facebook posts, share our tweets, and commit to inviting 10 friends to “like” Give an Hour. Visit our Facebook page.
- Give an Hour of Your Salary - Please consider donating an hour of your salary to support the work of Give an Hour. To donate, visit: https://www.globalgiving.org/projects/free-mental-health-care-for-military-families/
- Help Train the Next Generation of Mental Health Professionals - The wounds of war are not always easy to see. In April, Give an Hour will host a conference featuring panels of experts with first-hand experience in all things military. Our event will be live-streamed to universities across the country. Will your school be one of them? Reach out to your fellow alumni and universities to get them to join the conversation. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
Give an Hour Gear Available at Cafepress