How to Use the Connected Site
Posted by Give an Hour Admin on June 25, 2014 8:25 PM EDT
Here are some insider tips on how to navigate and get the most out of this site...
Your profile will initially be private. This is a community website so why not change your setting (under Account & Settings below profile quick actions) so other users of the site can see what you're all about?
- Main Page
Like with most websites, if you click the Give an Hour image at the top you'll get back to the main site page. There's a lot going on there!
- The large green rectangle toward the top of the page scrolls. It is full of information and programs GAH is participating in. If you were sent here on a mission, looking for a particular program, chances are you'll find it by scrolling through with the side arrows.
- Just below the green scroller, you'll see four options. Click the category you fall into and voila, you see a page dedicated to your needs.
This is the number one goal of this site - Participation! Here are some simple ways to get active on this site:
- Reply to News, have an opinion on what you just read, have a similar resource? Share it under the News tab.
- Have an Event you'd like to publicize? Submit your event, providing basic information, and our web team can spif it up for you and approve your listing.
- Join a discussion (or start a forum) within Collaborations. And if you join a group profile, under collaborations you can contribute to the "What's Happening?" column. Have an article to share? Post it. Know of a service? Post it. Want to ask a question? Post it.
- Take part in the Got Your 6 Educational Training Ground.
Have questions? What to know more? Message me though the site and I'll get right back to you.
Give an Hour Connected site manager
(Profile name: Give an Hour)